Friday, September 26, 2014

Ngoc Lan as a Live Performer


Many have told me that Ngoc Lan as a live performer did not live up to her recordings.  I've only seen her perform once and that was in 1990 at the Long Beach Hoa Hau Ao Dai Beauty Pageant.  I thought she was marvelous.  She did have a soft voice.  But to me, that was part of Ngoc Lan's charm.  She didn't have to scream and yell to be heard.  She just sang. 

Perhaps many are referring to that performance in 1994 at the Anaheim Marriott.  I didn't attend that concert.  But from what I've heard, she was rather off.  One must understand that was during the time when her illness had already taken over.  I guess I was fortunate enough to have watched her perform back when she was still in top form.  How she sang "Viens M'embrasser" and "Nguoi Yeu Dau" just blew me away.  If only she could perform for all of us today.  That thought crosses my mind everyday. 

No comments:

Post a Comment