Sunday, September 14, 2014

Ngoc Lan 7: Mai Mai Yeu Anh (Loving You Always)

Out of all the studio solo albums Ngoc Lan had recorded for May Productions, this was my personal favorite.  From beginning to end, all 12 of the tracks are delightful.  Ngoc Lan really does put her all each recording.  Everything from the selection of the songs to the enchanting translated Vietnamese lyrics for each song to the photograph on the album cover was nothing short of top notch.  Among the 12 tracks, my personal favorite were "Hay Den Voi Nhau" (Joe le Taxi), "Mua Tren Bien Vang", "Cho Nhau Tinh Yeu" (Tropique), and "Nguoi Yeu Dau Oi" (Je Suis D'Accord).  I was even impressed with her rendition of "Unchained Melody", a song I didn't think was really meant for her voice.  But Ngoc Lan surprisingly pulled it off. 

"Mua Tren Bien Vang" has been one of my all-time favorite songs recorded by Ngoc Lan.  Personally, I thought she should have selected this for the title track.  Other than that, the production of this solo studio album of Ngoc Lan was simply flawless. 

No comments:

Post a Comment