Ngoc Lan Trivia - Part 1:
Here are the first five questions. I assume these questions are fairly easy and that you don't have to be an expert on Ngoc Lan to know the answers.
- What was Ngoc Lan's given birthname? A) Nguyen Ngoc Lan B) Jade Orchid C) Nguyen Thanh Lan D) Maria Le Thanh Lan E) Tran Ngoc Lan
- What city was Ngoc Lan born in? A) Hanoi B) Saigon C) Nha Trang D) Da Lat E) Paris
- Other than Vietnamese, Ngoc Lan was famous for singing in what language? A) English B) French C) Chinese D) Korean E) Spanish
- When and where did Ngoc Lan began her career as a professional singer? A) After she left Vietnam for the United States first resettling in Minnesota B) At the age of 20 while she was still in Vietnam at cabarets and nightclubs in Saigon C) While she was in college as a foreign exchange student in Paris, France D) As a child while still living in Nha Trang E) In Hollywood during the 1990s where she also appeared on the Hollywood Night music video series
- What was the cause of Ngoc Lan's untimely passing? A) Cancer B) Multiple Sclerosis C) Suicide D) Diabetes E) Automobile Accident
So, were you able to answer all five of the previous questions? If so, then you're definitely a fan of our beloved Ngoc Lan. But not so fast. Just by knowing the answers to those five very easy questions about Ngoc Lan doesn't necessarily make you a devoted fan of Ngoc Lan. The answers to those five questions are pretty much public knowledge. Maybe that's putting it a bit too extreme there. Let's say the answers to those previous questions are basic information about Ngoc Lan. Therefor, one would have to be a fan of Ngoc Lan in order to know the answers.
Let's continue on to the next set of questions.
Ngoc Lan Trivia - Part 2:
The following ten questions here are designed for those that are considered to be devoted fans of Ngoc Lan. These questions are a bit harder and require fans to do a bit of reading about Ngoc Lan to know the answers to. For those devoted fans who have followed Ngoc Lan's career closely through the years, you should have no problem answering these trivia questions.
- When Ngoc Lan resettled in Southern California in 1982, what was the name of the music production label that she first recorded professionally for? A) Asia Productions B) Da Lan C) Doi Magazine D) Lang Van E) Giang Ngoc
- During the 1980s, what was the name of the first major nightclub that Ngoc Lan had become an exclusive weekly peformer at for an entire year? A) Majestic B) Diamond C) Dem Mau Hong D) Ritz E) Au Baccara
- Ngoc Lan had recorded duets with a lot of male artists during the 1980s and 1990s. Which one of these male artists did she not ever record a duet with? A) Duy Quang B) Don Ho C) Trinh Nam Son D) Lam Nhat Tien E) Nhat Truong
- What was Ngoc Lan's best selling studio album during the 1980s? A) Tieng Hat Ngoc Lan B) Nguoi Yeu Dau C) L'amour Tinh Ta D) Tinh Xanh E) Nhu Em Da Yeu Anh
- Ngoc Lan had also recorded many duets with other female artists? Which one of these female singers did Ngoc Lan record the most duets with? A) Kieu Nga B) Khanh Ha C) Nhu Mai D) Huong Lan E) Julie Quang
- Ngoc Lan had come from a large family. Including herself, how many children did her parents have altogether? A) 10 B) 12 C) 6 D) 8 E) 11
- Among her siblings, Ngoc Lan was ..... A) the fifth eldest. B) the eldest. C) the second eldest. D) the third eldest. E) the youngest.
- In 1990, May Productions released Ngoc Lan's ground-breaking first solo music videotape which consisted of beautifully shot music videos for five of her recorded songs. What was the title of her first solo videotape? A) Ngoc Lan in Hollywood B) Nhu Em Da Yeu Anh C) Khi Co Chang D) Lai Gan Hon Em E) Ngoc Lan on Video
- During her career as a professional singer, Ngoc Lan toured extensively and performed in concert for live audiences in many different countries all over the world. Ironically, there was one country where her fans never did get to see her perform live in concert. Which country was that? A) United States B) Australia C) Canada D) France E) Vietnam
- How old was Ngoc Lan when she passed? A) 32 B) 50 C) 44 D) 36 E) 40
- What was the name of Ngoc Lan's very first recorded song? A) Nguoi Yeu Dau B) Nang Chieu C) Mua Dong Cua Anh D) Lo Mai Sau E) Oh, Mon Amour
- Ngoc Lan's debut solo studio album, Tieng Hat Ngoc Lan, consisted mostly of covers she recorded of popular French songs and Vietnamese ballads. Only one out of the twelve songs on this album had never been recorded before by any other artist. It was a Vietnamese song written by a former beauty queen who had been crowned as Miss Vietnam - USA in the Hoa Hau Ao Dai Long Beach beauty pageant in the early 1980s. What was the name of that song and who was the songwriter? A) Sao Danh Xa Em written by Marguarite Pham B) Sa Mac Tinh Yeu written by Khuc Lan C) Hay Den Voi Em written by Giang Ngoc D) Song Xuan written by Que Phuong E) Con Yeu written by Cam Van
- Ngoc Lan's height has been exaggerated to as tall as 5' 8" by some unreliable sources, yet in reality, she was anything but 5' 8". How tall was she? A) 5' 6" B) 5' 4" C) 5' 3" D) 5' 2" E) Under 5 feet tall
- During the 1980s, long before Ngoc Lan had gotten married to Kelvin Khoa, she had been romantically linked to a famous Vietnamese-American saxophone player and musician. What was his name? A) Vu Anh Tuan B) Tuan Duc C) Thanh Lam D) Trung Nghia E) Truc Ho
- Ngoc Lan's first album, Tieng Hat Ngoc Lan, was released in 1986 available in the form of audio cassette. A couple of years after, it would be reprinted and re-released available in the form of compact disc by the production label, Doi Magazine. Which production label had released it back in 1986 available in the form of audio cassette? A) Giang Ngoc B) Da Lan C) Asia Productions D) Lang Van E) Ngoc Lan